• The music format will rotate. This week, our praise band will be playing the music. The following week, four members of our choir will lead our music. Each week these groups will rotate.
• The services will be somewhat abridged from our normal service; still, much of what we are familiar with will be included.
• Sunday school for all ages will be offered via the internet:
* Our Children’s Ministry will continue to be directed by Kathy Craft. She and her excellent team of volunteers are working to make the children classes exciting even in the home environment. Last week, parents should have received an email notifying them of how to access the Sunday school material. The plans are to also have some live streaming sessions with Kathy.
* Our Youth Ministry will continue with Josh Williams at the helm. Josh will be working with the youth to have Sunday school and other programming. Youth and parents should be looking for emails or texts from Josh.
* Adult Sunday School is being coordinated by Marcy Brennan. Each week one of our adult teachers will record a study or lesson that will be found on both Facebook and our church website. The link for our initial lesson can be found here. Individual classes will meet online at a time they select with their teacher and or Marcy.
* All of the Sunday school, Bible studies, youth and children’s programs will utilize an app called Zoom. Zoom allows us to both hear and see each other. This program will give each group 40 free minutes of lesson or discussion time. You can have as many of these sessions as you desire. We are recommending that you put Zoom on your phone or computer.
• There will be some type of service live-streamed on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday at 6:30 PM. These will not be the services we had hoped to offer, but they will still glorify God.
• The preschool is closed. Our teachers are continuing to send home papers, learning sheets and other educational material, and will be connected via the Internet with the children and their parents. The closure will be reevaluated in early April.
• While the church buildings are officially closed, your staff will still be at work. Some of us will work from home and others will be in the offices. While there won’t be any “office hours,” you will often see us here. If you should need any of us please call, text or email. We will respond as soon as possible. Like you, we are living into this new reality.
• Finally the financial situation. The church like all other places of employment has salaries and bills to pay. Over the past several days the Finance Department has worked very hard to cut costs as much as possible. We are in prayer that we will be able to make ends meet, continue to offer ministry and maintain staff. We ask that you continue to financially support your church during these difficult days. Contributions can be made through a variety of ways including mail, direct deposits and online through the website. Please contact Marcy or Karen for any help you may need in discovering ways of giving.